Friday, April 29, 2011

To the unexpected....

So where do I start...  During the last Tres Dias weekend I felt like God was telling me to release one of deepest dreams and allow him to take control instead of me.  As most of you know since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be married and have a family.  And after Mark and then Josh I felt that God had different plans though the dream was still there and I was dying to have it.  Over the course of my life I have learned so much about the importance of God's timing and have struggled with the word "Patience".  I have no patience, really I have none.  I don't understand why I would have to wait for something I truely wanted.  I know God has a way, I have been told this all my life, but this one is different.  I put my faith and trust in God after Mark, I saw what following my own way and not God's way can do.  I wanted to be patient I prayed for it, but now I sit here after meeting a very sweet man.  A Godly man at that, who prays, and have a positive attitude from what I can tell.  So now, lets go back to April 9, 2011, I looked down at the cross and the hammer and nails.  I prayed that God would take control of my destiny and my dreams.  I went up and nailed it all, my dreams, my desires, my life.  I told God that night that it was time I get rid of my selfishness and allow him to finish the work he had started so long ago.  I can home with a sense of peace, like the calm before the storm is what it felt like.  I had been on a few differnet dating sites ( I know what was I thinking, well I wasn't thinking... I was lonely).  I cancelled them all after that weekend, I knew if I was going to allow God to work then he had to have complete control. Well I guess I forgot to delete one of them.  The next Thursday I got this email about some guy adding me to their favorites.  I checked out his profile before I was going to delete mine and it turned out that it didn't look so bad so while I was typing him an intro email he was typing me at the same time.  Come to find out we both sent them to each other at the same exact moment.  The emails began from there and then a week later we had our first date at Crackerjacks playing miniture golf.  The date was so much fun, full of laughing and getting to know each other.  I have to say that I beat him pretty good but he was a gracious loser and still makes fun of me on how I won. He then went to Church with me on Easter Sunday and we had a great time of getting to know each other.  I am not sure where this is going to go but I am praying that God would stay in control and lead.  I am asking all of you to pray too as my heart is fragile but my faith is strong.  This year was presented to me as being a how are you going to complete me.  God how are you going to work in all that I have been through to be a light until your path.  God is moving and to what direction I am not sure but as a Godly man once wrote me, "Life is like a roller coaster, raise you hands and enjoy the ride." (Leo Jr. Garrett).  Please continue to be in prayer over the next few months for me and this relationship with John.  And I will be in prayer for you.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying Jenn